Monday 12 January 2009

More treasures...

I've had a very successful couple of days rootling about, and I've got plenty to show for it!

On Saturday, I got 6 vintage oilskin children's aprons, from the 1970s I am guessing. They are a bit paint-splattered in places, but I don't mind that at all. My favourite is the Snoopy one. Iris is torn between that and the Winnie the Pooh one. I expect some of them will find their way into my shop at
www.eravintage.com and the one or two that we keep will be further well-loved (and paint-splattered!).


And then today, I got a whole lot of books, a pair of Dr Seuss's finest, which are not vintage copies but it is amazing to think that those stories were written in the late 1950s. A wonderful vintage book called A Book of Ghosts, which has some lovely graphic illustrations in it, I expect they'll make it into a post soon, a Jan Pienkowski illustrated story of Christmas (you'll have to wait until it's seasonally appropriate for me to show that one!) and also a book on Paper Sculpture from 1973 for me, which I am very excited about, I really want to learn more about paper craft.


A tidy haul I'm sure you'll agree.






3 comments:

the letters i wish i'd written... said...

I think the book of ghosts is very beautiful, I want it!

nath said...

Hello,

It's lovely inside as well, I'll show you sometime.

I like your blog, it's funny.

Nath

the letters i wish i'd written... said...

Thank you, I think your blog is an absolute treat for the peepers!