Tuesday, 21 April 2009

In The City, It's Alright - Part 2

So, naturally over the weekend, I did a bit of shopping.

We helped Dicky find some clothes for his
Bearcraft video which he'll be shooting in a couple of weeks. We madly shopped in a vintage shop minutes before it closed on Saturday evening and then returned to Brick Lane for another go on Sunday. All of which was highly enjoyable. And I was lucky enough to be given a beautiful owl by Jessica.

Here's what came home with me...



Bright paper garlands from a party shop.



Pinata blindfold, also from the party shop. So pretty, it was impossible to resist.



Ric Rac and red & white trim from a wonderful haberdashers round the corner from Jessica's flat.



Groovy stickers & exercise book from a proper traditional stationers. And some Sharpies from American Apparel! Excitement!



A Miffy clog money box from a street seller on Brick Lane. For Iris naturally.



My beautiful new owl. I love him, he has such an owlish expression.

And lastly, another gratuitous blossom shot, because, well, just because...

12 comments:

louloulovesbooks said...

I love the stickers, exercise book and sharpies....I love stationery, it's the only type of shop I want to visit on a trip. It's very dull for everyone else but it actually makes my heart beat faster.

Naomi Devlin said...

I'm seeing a whole Marie Antionette outfit in crepe paper to go with the pinata mask - which must be mounted on a stick of course.

Blick - love those stickers.

x x x

nath said...

Oh me too! Obviously.

But I also like a good old-fashioned hardware store, or, ooh a chemist..

nath said...

On a stick, I love it! We can get all Marie Antoinette on our next crafting afternoon!

Stephanie said...

There can never be too many blossom shots. Or new sharpies : )

erin@designcrisis said...

Looks like you had an amazing trip, and I love the pinata blindfold!!!

Naomi Devlin said...

Yes yes! let them eat cake! x

thedoglived said...

Thank you for all of your comments on my blog, I have tried to post comments on my own blog to thank you and pass on information.
I am struggling to do it though so I hope that this works, any tips would be welcome.
Do you have a diect e-mail?
Thanks again and I love your site.

Dee Beale said...

Hi Nath,
just wanted to say thanks for the link.
Dee

Francesca said...

where did you find those lovely paper garlands nath?

nath said...

Francesca - they're from a party shop in Dalston. I can find out exactly for you if you'd like? Lots of different colours and only about 80p each!

Inspiration Resource said...

How strange, I found the same paper mask years ago and love it just as much as you do!