Wednesday 18 August 2010

Summer Snaps (At My Heels)

Some sights and delights from my two week absence..

Speaking of delights, Hannah, I will post the recipe for the cake in the previous post, (it was a banana and almond cake fyi), and I have just, this very evening, pulled a rather splendid-looking plum cake out of the oven, so perhaps I'll include that recipe as well (a modified version of a Nigel Slater recipe).

We're heading off for a few days tomorrow, a mini holiday if you will, so I'll be back next week to talk cake and other fripperies.



















10 comments:

Jane O Sullivan said...

lovely images nath !
enjoy your break , the tiny sewing machine in the dolls house .....purfick !
b.t.w.dorset visit is postponed for the time as spain is calling !!!

Becky said...

Nasturtium flowers, and sweet peas, and stripey deckchairs, wonderful snapshots of summer!

Francesca said...

great iris pics! she's the vintage queen!
i just scored a whole lot of vintage fisher price peeps on ebay, they're going in my little wooden house shelves, which i am finally doing something with. x

Hannah said...

Three cheers for cake!

She Draws said...

Thanks for the wishes!

My new job is being a real graphic designer, it's very exciting, creating lovely things for packaging and gifts!

I'm sure I can blog about work when it comes out in the shops.

mama bear said...

That pic of iris, the third pic – divine! Enjoy your holiday Nath. xxx

ariana. said...

Oh, what a lovely set of pictures. I want to paint my nails red and put on a veiled top hat just like Iris. It just seems too wonderful and fun! Thank you too for your comment on my little old blog. I feel just as you do and am glad that you are having lots of time to frolic about this summer. Maybe our little yellow tin birds know one another! All the best, a

kristina - no penny for them said...

iris is such a little beauty - and ever-so-stylish!

happy short holiday!
p.s.: looking forward to the cake recipes...

read me... said...

I am beside myself looking at that cute little mouse!

Looking forward to plum cake recipe...

alessandra said...

happy happy face!