Thursday 11 November 2010

This is London Calling

So I had a jolly little jaunt to London on my *own*. London beguiled and didn't disappoint with promises of heady FREEDOM.

I walked and walked and no one asked me to carry them or asked me to take them to the toilet. This felt hugely liberating and quite exciting. When I arrived I walked to the Tate Modern and ambled about looking at ART and excitedly scribbling names down in my notebook to read up on at a later date. I bought loads of postcards! I had afternoon tea in the cafe! I walked by the river! It was marvellous.

I stayed overnight with some friends in Hackney and then in the morning, did more walking around the trendy Shoreditch, Hoxton and Brick Lane. I really enjoyed the act of looking. I have lots of ideas now, which is good because I am working on a new project that I will be hopefully able to share with you SOON.

And on that cliff hanger, here are my sights of London...

















Stay tuned for the TRENDY East London post. TBC. Now, I must get some things ready for the SHOP!

11 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

I just read this and got extremely jealous!

Solo, silent time! I could only imagine!

Beautiful, cool photos.

Louise said...

It's just so nice to have the luxury of looking...it satisfies the wanty muscle as much as shopping non?
Can't wait for the next installment...
{*}

Francesca said...

i can't believe your man makes you carry him everywhere. that's not good for your back ;)
looks like you had an inspiring time in london. looking forward to your TRENDY east london post. i wonder, have you seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

x

Louise said...

Oooh, nice to come away feeling inspired instead of just footsore and dirty-fingered. Exciting about the mysterious project, ooooooh!

meg said...

It sounds absolutely amazing and I am very, very jealous.

Leigh said...

I went out one night this week by myself and was thrilled too! No buggy, no leaky sippy cup, crumbly snacks in my bag :) Next time you come in town, and if you have time, email me and maybe we could meet up.

Becky said...

Oh how I love just wandering round London! Even though I live here sometimes I have to create time for myself to do just that. Sounds wonderful!

mama bear said...

So glad to hear you got to go out and enjoy walking around by yourself.

When I first moved to London – Hackney – I didn't know anyone so i would spend hours at a time exploring alone.

ps. Is that a Marcel Dzama illustration? x

Anna Betts said...

Get you, and your slinky legs out in the capital! Looks like you had a lovely time - I absolutely LOVE the top photo in your trendy post, one for the Etsy shop? It has East End all over it - and the beautiful light! Ah. xx

Jane O Sullivan said...

good on you nath !
I know the feeling of freedom so well (precious and essential)
glad you got some and it was wonderful to see london through your eyes

Kylie said...

Loved this post :) Kx