Sunday 15 March 2009

Saturday Shines and Saturday Finds

We've all been a bit under the weather so yesterday was mostly spent in bed, groaning and snoozing intermittently.

However, we did all get out in the morning, which, thankfully, was gloriously sunny. Anyway I got some clothes for Iris and some books too. I was supposed to be looking for a friend's birthday present but my concentration waned. Maybe I'll find something today, I hope so, because it's her birthday tomorrow!
Eek!





About Corkey by Cecilia and Jean Hinde - published in 1960. I love love love the colour palette used in the illustrations. The tomato red against the powdery blue-y green is delicious.







And a ladybird book to add to the collection. A Third Ladybird Book of Nursery Rhymes to be exact. The illustrations are pretty out there. The one for Three Blind Mice reminds me of the Beastie Boys.



1 comment:

Mulot B. said...

when i was a kid i had books with such illustration - one in particular was called "Mishka" !! =^^=