Tuesday 23 June 2009

Shop and Swap News

Have you seen that I am advertising on Tea For Joy? I am really quite excited about it. And for a limited time only, any TFJ readers can enjoy a 10% discount on any purchase. What are you waiting for?!

So, speaking of shop(s), I have also just opened a shop on etsy, shoplepetitboutique, this was just an experiment really, to see which worked better, etsy or big cartel. It seems that etsy has more footfall (even without me doing a single thing to promote it) but I like the look of big cartel. So for the time being the shops (although separate) will carry the same stock but I am intending that the etsy branch will focus more on vintage things you can wear. Let me know if there are any items you'd like to see in either shop and a-hunting I will go.

And what of the much-discussed swaps, I hear you cry? Pictured below before dispatch.




Well, look here, and you can see exactly what Laura thought of hers and of course, what was in her package. And here to peek into Artemis's parcel. A success! I'm very pleased. Also Francesca from Mrs Elliot Books liked the parcel I sent for the attention of little Gus. Now, I still have two more to do, but I'm basking in a glow of vintage-giving happiness right now, let me tell you.

And to top it all off, on Saturday, I received a very sweet parcel from Nina. A few weeks ago, I bought a dress on her behalf and this was my reward. Such lovely things. A gingham apron for Iris. And this house flash card.



and a book for me. With lovely illustrations and retro photographs..





And just the prettiest card and packaging ever.



Owls - my favourite!



Thank you Nina!

12 comments:

Flora said...

Goodness me what lovely things! I have a small pile accumulating for your good self....

Love the package from Nina - I spy a Corrabelle owl stamp which I have been salivating over on Etsy...

Louise said...

Dear Nath
I'm loving the stamps...and the house flash card. What are these swaps? I may have missed something by doodling in the back row? It looks like a 'everydayisabirthday' day.
Funny you mention lime green specs I have already chosen some dark green ones with the help of superdaughter stylist. How anyone manages to choose glasses on their own is beyond me.
And the Etsy shop looks totally cool, I think you are going to be very busy on there. Good luck! x

KERRY said...

Etsy shop looks great. Thanks you for your lovely message! I'm trying to get back into my blog as I feel more human again. x

erin@designcrisis said...

I am in awe of you crafty ladies! I can't even wrap a present!

ninainvorm said...

Oh nice, glad you liked the little gifts! And wow, do your parcels look good! I have no idea what's inside, but the collage cards on top already make me swoon...

Top Bird @ Wee Birdy said...

Love the idea of bloggy swaps, what fun! xx

Conversation Pieces said...

Oh super cuteness! Love the Mog book you sent to Cloud Fishing! Off to check out your etsy shop now :)

Artemis Russell said...

Hey your Etsy shop looks great! I think its much easier to sell on there.

Had sooo much fun wrapping your parcel last night...like the night before christmas!! Will post it today, hope you like! X

Naomi Devlin said...

Ooh, I'm jealous - us food bloggers don't get to do swaps. I don't know how the recipients were able to bring themselves to unwrap your parcels though Nat, packaged as they were so beautifully.

x x x

littlebyrd said...

I looove the house flashcard! What a bunch of wonderful treats :)

Francesca said...

oh, look at all that nina goodness! she's too good. loving that house flashcard, needs to be framed.

Flora said...

Hello Nath - fancy a tag? Only if you have time of course!

Just link back to me and pass it on to whoever else you think might like to do it :)

Flo x