So many super-nice things happened this weekend, I wrote a list! Here are 10 good things about my weekend.
1) Larking about on the beach with Iris and some friends.
2) Flowers grown by friends.
3) An unexpected parcel of magic from Katie.
4) A stolen day of electronic music, for Paul and I, at the Loop Festival in Brighton. In the drizzle, Brighton was the epitome of faded seaside glamour.
5) Delicious sushi here.
6) Discovering a new band to love, We Have Band. Check them out here and be sure to listen to their cover of West End Girls!
7) Seeing Fever Ray (aka Karin from The Knife) headline said music festival. She played her set in almost complete darkness, with flickering table lamps, incense, dry ice, shamanic costumes, face paint and incredible lasers. Spooky, exciting and one of the best live performances I have ever seen. Quite a spectacle.
8) A surprisingly successful car boot sale haul, given I turned up half an hour before the end. (More of that later).
9) A proper summer fete, with table tops sales, cider, cream teas, bunting and very very good cake.
10) Bringing home some lovely things from the fete, including this pull-along clown (seem to have a circus-y thing going on right now) and two outrageously chocolatey brownies made by these clever people.
So much fun crammed into a tiny space of time! Lovely, but boy, am I tired!