Monday 19 October 2009

Sarah Moon for Pirelli

I scored such a great find at our flea market at the weekend.

A set of Sarah Moon for Pirelli calendar pages from 1972 - you can read a little more about the makings of the calendar here but it marked a distinct change from Pirelli calendars past.


I have had a few of these in my flickr favourites for a while now, so I was extra super-pleased to find them, they'll look amazing nicely framed (when I get round to it in about 100 years, that is).


Looking through their archives, I'm not sure they ever did anything quite as beautiful again.

They're so wonderful - dreamy, wistful, soft and ethereal. All at once luxurious and mysterious.













You can view the whole delicious set on my flickr.

8 comments:

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Lovely photos nath

Stéphanie said...

Fabulous ! I love Sarah Moon !

Unknown said...

these are very beautiful, very dream-y and atmospheric, especially the top one. Gorgeous, lucky old you!

Shokoofeh said...

These are gorgeous! :) and I just saw your shop. your plates are fabulous!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
:)
xo

calivintage said...

oh wow, these really are amazing. what an incredible find.

Laura said...

HOW? Nath do you find these things? Do you see just a little corner peeking out from under the rubbish? Your finds are great and this one looks very beautiful.

märta said...

this is very beautiful.so dreamy and soft!and i will translate my blogg for you,this week i think.
just for you!
love m

Becky said...

Gorgeous!