I have lots of new (to me) vintage clothes to show you. Yesterday I went to the Giant Flea and picked up some more (amongst other treasures).
1) a silk Jaeger dress, from the 1980s judging by the shoulder pads (which, incidentally, I am loving).
2) a midnight blue wool skirt (fits like a dream) - I haven't photographed this as I need to sew some ribbon in it so it can be hung on a hanger.
3) a 1950's two piece, a dress with a little jacket, (shown here without jacket). This is too big, but I am desperately in love with it and want to wear it.
4) a wide emerald green leather belt.
5) a lace trimmed slip
6) a 1960s green skirt (I gave this to Katie as it was too small for me, and I didn't take a photo, oops).
5) a little pinky floral blouse
6) a 1930's style tea dress
7) a 1940's-ish polka dot day dress - I haven't even tried this on yet.
8) an abstract floral sleeveless blouse - a good layering piece I thought.
9) a buff-coloured lace blouse.
10) A fabulous electric blue bathing costume. What a show-stopper this is. The colour is amazing.
11) A sheer-ish ruffled neck blouse, which is too small for me, but I thought it'd be a lovely thing to keep for Iris to wear some day.
I got all of this for £27, which is pretty amazing. Although some things like the 1950s two piece were given to me (but that's another story).
Now having all this newness flooding into my wardrobe (see above) should mean that I am never struggling for something to wear, right? Wrong.
I am really struggling to put things together, (this happens periodically to me, things that I have been loving and wearing, suddenly seem not to fit/look right/work) Does this happen to anyone else? It's maddening. And my new haircut is not helping! It seems not to go with most of my clothes. Argh. What to do?
I'd love to have a big wardrobe crit with someone. Anyone?